Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Lady Liberty

Hello all you beautiful Americans or random foreigners viewing this blog. The words in this post have been endorsed by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Robert E Lee, Eli Whitney, and Matchbox 20.

I have spent the weekend soaking up sun rays on a beautiful lake. I've been living the American dream; listening to sappy country while quoting Katy Perry, drinking Mexican beer, eating 7 types of deserts, waving Ole Glory, and hugging my family and friends. My scalp is burnt to a crisp. My back looks like leather. And my neck is as red as a sweet and delicious watermelon...which I ate my body weight of this weekend. Best thing about today, other than our freedom from those crazy Brits, I didn't have to go to work today. God Bless this Land. But honestly, we have it pretty good in this country. No one is threatening to kill us because of our skin color, dress code, religious views, or music choice...

...but what if there was? Would we live differently? Would we be less or more bold? Who knows. What I do know, is that I should not take a single day for granted. We are not guaranteed tomorrow or even tonight's dinner. Crazy thought, but I think I'm going to kill someone with kindness tomorrow and just see what happens. What do I have to lose?

Lifetones: You Are a Tourist by Death Cab for Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment