Sunday, July 18, 2010

Woa...Pictures

I recently received a grill for my birthday from my parents...Thanks Mom and Dad. Well it only took me about a month to finally get the drive to conquer the construction of this fine little grill. Since it was about 400 degress celcius...very hot...about the temperature on the sun I think....crazy hot in Arkansas in the summers, I decided to construct this grill in my living room. I'm paying for the A/C so I'm going to taking it in as much as possible. This grill had about 300 pieces...no exageration here. It took me 30 minutes to just unwrap everything. There was a little package with all the bolts and screws in it. On the back of the package, it had a name of what those pieces were. Once you started opening each little compartment of the pieces, you couldn't really see the name anymore, so I figured...hey...I'm a guy...these descriptions and instructions are almost offensive to me...who needs them. Worst idea ever. I get halfway through construction, only to figure out that I've missed used pieces here and there. For the remainder of the time, I'm having to figure out which bolts and screws I can remove so that the grill will stay intact but yet I can continue to move forward with construction. After 2 frustrating hours, the grill was completed. At least I wasn't outside in the heat right?




Gah that thing is awesome!!


Well, once the grill was completed I embarked on my first grilling experience with me and Gregory (The Grill). Pork tenderloin it is, plus a homemade recipe for zuccini. What's in the homemade recipe you ask? Secret...only dumb cooks like Rachel Ray and Martha Stewart share their recipes...they aren't going to get anywhere in life doing silly things like that. This recipe stays with me.







I made a new friend at work the other day. I was walking to my car, on my way to class...yes I'm still in class...except now at Wal-mart University. I walked passed a car and heard a cat meowing. My first thought was that some cruel person put there cat in their car while they were at work...I was about to call animal police, but then it kept getting louder and louder. Everytime I turned around, I couldn't see anything, and then finally...this appeared.

A little kitten was following me to my car. I named him Sam Walton.

This post's music selection is actually a double...two for the price of one...you can consider it a gift and write it off on your taxes or something. This band just so happened to be passing through Fayetteville on Friday and I just so happened to see them live. They are happy mix of rock, blues, and soul all wrapped into a goofy bunch of head bangers from Omaha, NE. If you ever hear of this band coming through your town, I definitely recommend seeing them. Its a great time!! Videos by The Kris Lager Band...

1 comment:

  1. #1: Nice grilling job. That meal looks delish!
    #2: The pictures were such a nice surprise!
    #3: Some good cooks give away their recipes. :)
    #4: That little cat looks like the face and I think you should bring him home. Poor little bugger.

    ReplyDelete